Will Spring Tillage Reduce Disease In My Corn Field
March 29, 2021 | By Rupp Seeds
Will spring tillage help me reduce disease in my corn field?
- I have disease pressure in my continuous corn field. Will tilling under the residue prevent disease from spreading to nearby fields?
- The soil in my field with conservation tillage stays cool in the spring. Will that increase corn seedling diseases?
- Compared to neighboring conventionally tilled fields, I’ve seen an increase in foliar corn disease in my no-till fields. What management options do I have?
- I used primary tillage last fall to size and bury residue in a field with heavy Anthracnose pressure. Will that get rid of disease inoculum fast enough?
- My corn field has a history of crown rot. Is that a disease I can reduce with tillage?
- I have compaction and drainage issues in my field, so I always prepare for planting with spring tillage to dry things out. Should I change this practice?
Read more to learn the answers to these questions.
Will Spring tillage reduce disease in my corn field